Saturday, 31 December 2016

Reflection: Perfumes I loved in 2016 ~

~~~

Well, it's nearing the end of the year, and about time we welcome 2017. Time for some reflection, don't you think? I've been busy all year with uni although that has not dampened my passion for perfumes! This post is dedicated to the perfumes that I have acquired in 2016 which I also happen to truly love and treasure. <3 All perfumes are from my own personal collection and all photos are taken by me! :)



Overall, there is a common theme of GUERLAIN. I love all things 'Guerly!' ;) Probably one of my all-time favourite perfume houses. I've acquired quite a few this year, from Mon Precieux Nectar, to Idylle Eau Sublime to Eau de Shalimar, to the now discontinued Eau de Cologne du 68, to getting backups of Shalimar Cologne! I think I am all set!! But hey, I saw that Aqua Allegoria Rosa Pop pretty darn cheap on FragranceX!!!?

Other themes include a deeper fondness of floral gourmands and an introduction to wearing aldehydes in perfume. One thing is for sure - I always love to try new things and venture into new territory.



Guerlain Idylle Eau Sublime - So underrated. Discontinued!! Why you do this Guerlain?? Ugh. Idylle Eau Sublime is a flanker of the Idylle line - but it's better! A charming fruity floral with rose, jasmine, lychee, peach, and musk. There's this light honey/nectarous quality that reminds me of Aqua Allegoria Flora Nymphea, also by perfumer Thierry Wasser.



Guerlain Shalimar Cologne - just wonderful stuff. If you loved Shalimar Parfum Initial and L'eau, and felt like mourning its loss (discontinuation,) you my friend, need not! I smell nuances of the Initial in the new Shalimar Cologne. It's a fluffy, soft, citrus-powdery cloud of undeniable deliciousness. Love it year round - especially with a bit of a cool breeze lifting its sillage.




Givenchy L'Interdit EDT vintage circa 70s/80s! - I feel ever more elegant and adult every time I smell this. Beautiful soapy aldehydes and just classic. It's a rarity that I treasure.



L'Artisan Drole de Rose - just really pretty, dainty rose/violet/powder! Soft in its sillage and the perfect scent for people to remember you by after a hug. Really easy to wear, feminine, every day~

~
The following perfumes are the new additions to my collection, most of which I discovered and fell in love during December!



Dear Rose White Song - dainty, white almond blossoms, heliotrope, vanilla, musk, powder. An almond dream~ Review to come soon!



Keiko Mecheri Isles Lointaines - A creamy yet fresh white floral with gardenia, tuberose, jasmine, and milky vanilla and almond. A little bit like posh sunscreen wafting in the breeze by the beach. Gentle sillage and longevity. So wearable.



Keiko Mecheri Loukhoum and Penhaligon's Amaranthine  - both thanks to my lovely perfume friend Portia. Firstly, Loukhoum is just gorgeous, so much more vividly rosey in spray form! On initial spray I can taste the intensely saccharine Turkish delights in my mouth. The overall feel is dense and rich, just like its namesake. One I'd love to wear in the cold of winter!



On the other hand, Amaranthine is warm weather fragrance... but not for the faint of heart! I've read reviews detailing erotic milkmaid imagery... hmmm... sadly I don't really see it, but I love it for its unique, airy, summery, soft spicy feel. I detect notes of ylang ylang, jasmine, and a twist of warm spices that do not weigh the composition down. It is definitely sexy in a self-assured, effortless way though!




Best of samples:
Nishane Hundred Silent Ways - OMG to die for! The most exquisite, beautiful white floral with gardenia, tuberose and a delicate fruity peach on a bed of creamy vanilla. My sample shall be savoured.




Chanel No. 5 L'eau - Aldehydes made in the most charming, elegant, fresh and wearable way possible. A youthful contemporary No. 5 from Chanel, yet I can see all ages wearing this. Fares well in the heat too!


       
Best of decants:
Amouage Lilac Love - My favourite Amouage for sure! Look at that beautiful lilac bottle. Although it should be noted that there are no real lilac flowers used in this perfume, nor should it supposed to be a lilac scent... it's a beautiful floral gourmand! With notes of heliotrope, cacao, vanilla, gardenia, rose, orris root, tonka bean... it's amaze.

                                                                                                            -picture on right stolen from Fragrantica!

~~~

Ugh! You have finally made it so far in this 'novel' !! Well, although these are most of my favourites from 2016, there is a selection that I've tried and bought and deem some of the not so favourites (at all) ... but we will save that for another day! ;)

~~~Happy New Year everyone!! Woohoo 2017~~~!!

Best wishes,
~lala

2 comments:

  1. Woo Hooo! Made it to your blog.
    Happy New Year lovely Angela. Let's spend WAY more time together in 2017. You're such a fun frag sniff pal.
    Portia xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woohoo ~~ definitely! Let's do more sniffy meetups come 2017 :D Happy New Year Portia!! Thank you for your lovely comment :*

      Delete